|Sergey Kryzhevich||28, Universitetsky pr.,
198504, Stary Peterhof, St.
Date and place of birth: June 10, 1976, Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation.
Languages: Russian (mother tongue), English (C1, IELTS Academic score 7.5), Slovenian (B1), French, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish.
Researcher ID: J-6642-2013.
Scopus ID: 8840998700.
Date of the CV: August 28, 2021.
2011-2012: Institute for Information Transmission Problems, Moscow, Russia. Degree: Doctor of Sciences (Habilitation) in Mathematics (from January, 17, 2012).
2005: Saint-Petersburg State University, Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics, Degree: Docent.
1998-2000: Saint-Petersburg State University, Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics, St.Petersburg, Russia. Degree: Candidate of Sciences (PhD) in Mathematics.
1993-1998: Saint-Petersburg State University, Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics, St.Petersburg, Russia. Degree: Specialist (MS) in Mathematics.
Research and Teaching Experience
Present employment (1.07.2020-31.08.2021): Associate Professor at the Department of Probability and Statistics, Saint-Petersburg State University, St.Petersburg, Russia.
2013 - 2014 and 2018-2020: Professor at the Department of Mathematical Physics, Saint Petersburg State University, St.Petersburg, Russia.
2016-2018: Associate Professor, University of Nova Gorica, School of Engineering and Management, Nova Gorica, Slovenia.
2015: Fulbright Visiting Research Fellow, University of Texas at Dallas, Mathematical Sciences Department, Richardson, TX, USA.
2012-2013: Visiting Research Fellow, Department of Mathematics, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal.
2011-2012: Senior Research Fellow, Chebyshev Laboratory at Saint-Petersburg State University, St.Petersburg, Russia.
2007 - 2010: Visiting Professor, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China (one month visits each year).
2001 - 2011: Associate Professor at the Department of Differential Equations, Saint-Petersburg State University, Peterhof, St.-Petersburg, Russia.
Fields of Scientific Interest
Differential and Difference Equations, Dynamical Systems, Chaotic Dynamics, Structural Stability, Hyperbolic Theory (including Partial and Non-Uniform Hyperbolicity), Shadowing, Topological Dynamics, Impact Dynamics, Ergodic Theory, One-Dimensional Dynamics, Dry Friction, Numerical Methods, Machine Learning, Invariant Measures, Random Processes, Financial Mathematics, Applied Mathematics.
MatLab, Mathematica, TeX, C++, Python, LaTeX, ANSYS, Zoom, MSTeams, LMS: Moodle and Blackboard, etc
- Communicate and collaborative skills, ability to work in groups, to negotiate and to resolve conflicts, to participate and to head projects;
- flexibility, ability to switch quickly to new topics and to work in changing conditions;
- organising and management skills;
- self-concentration, ability to work in stressful situations, to handle pressure, to meet deadlines, make schedules, to distribute tasks and resources inside groups, psychological stability;
- broad range of interests, willingness to learn;
- leadership potential.
• American Mathematical Society;
• European Mathematical Society;
• Saint-Petersburg Mathematical Society;
• International Society of Difference Equations.
• Co-heading of Joint Mathematical seminar of Saint Petersburg State University and Peking University; http://www.mathnet.ru/php/conference.phtml?&eventID=54&confid=1802&option_lang=eng;
• Acting Head of Chebyshev Laboratory at Saint Petersburg State University, MarchAugust, 2012;
• Heading the Seminar of Chebyshev Laboratory on Dynamical systems, 2011;
• Heading several grants and research projects (see the list below);
• Mentoring 16 students on graduate and postgraduate levels (2003-2021).
1) Research project No 18-01-00230-a supported by Russian Foundation of Basic Researches, 2018 – 2020 (participant).
2) Research project No 15-01-03797-a supported by Russian Foundation of Basic Researches, 2015 – 2017 (head).
3) Research project No L2-8174 of the Slovenian Research Agency - ARRS, 2017 – 2020 (participant in 2017-2018).
4) Fulbright Visiting Scholarship, grant No 6815027, 2015.
5) Thematic plan at Saint-Petersburg State University 18.104.22.1684: 2014 – 2016 (head).
6) Research project 14-01-00202 by Russian Foundation for Basic Researches, 2014-2017 (participant).
7) Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology - FCT research project PTDC/MAT/113470/2011 – 2013 (participant).
8) Grant 11.G34.31.0026 of the Government of the Russian Federation, headed by S.K.Smirnov-‘megagrant’ to organise a new research laboratory at Saint-Petersburg State University, 2011 –2012 (participant).
9) Grant No 2010-1.1-111-128-033 of the Federal program The scientific and pedagogical staff of the innovational Russia 2010 – 2012 (participant).
10) New Constitutive Laws for Impact Dynamics, a joint project of University of Aberdeen and St.Petersburg State University, The Royal Society of London; 2010-2012 (head of the Russian side).
11) Grant No MK-4032.2009.1 ’for young PhDs’ by the Russian President Grant Council, 2009– 2010 (head).
12) Grant No MK-489.2007.1 ’for young PhDs’ by the Russian President Grant Council, 2007 –2008 (head)