1. Basic mathematics. In terms of basic mathematics, breakthroughs will be made in seven research directions, including:
(1) Geometric analysis;
(2) Algebra and number theory;
(4) Mathematical physics;
(5) Partial differential equation;
(6) Power system;
(7) Probability theory.
2. Applied mathematics. Vigorously develop applied mathematics disciplines that are closely related to national economic construction:
(1) Large scale scientific and engineering computing;
(2) Image processing and reconstruction;
(3) Statistics and bioinformatics.